Window Switches! ...and other stuff

Yup, sods law dictated my window switches didn't work. A trip to Maplin
relieved me of £3.50 on a can of Servisol 10, and a quick squirt of that

in each switch and they work perfectly now.

I now know my passenger window works fine, and the drivers one is on the

piss.... still, I need to get in that door anyway to try to free up the
lock barrel.

Spent the day today sorting out the tail lights, running lights and a
stupid sodding intermittent connection on my new right hand sidelight.
Driving me up the wall because I simply cannot trace the break in the
power or earth! "To turn on, push switch in cockpit half way, then exit
vehicle to front right headlight, and lightly thump until sidelight
illuminates.....". It NEVER turns off again however much you thump it
:-)

Those taillight boards are soooooo crap, aren't they? Hadn't realised
quite how badly made they are till today. Got everything working in the
end though, with the aid of a lot of solder, sandpaper and swearing.

Worked out how to run two brake lights as fogs, but still have all four
as brake lights, with ONLY the addition of the switch in the cockpit. No

diodes or relays, just one switch available from Maplin for under a
pound. A real slap on the forhead when you see how it's done. Stupidly
simple, it just turns convention on its head a bit.

I've added more photos from the first day in the workshop to the
website.

Martin