Re: [doc] Naughty Auto Transmission!! - Kangaroo Styleeeeee!

Re: [doc] Naughty Auto Transmission!! - Kangaroo Styleeeeee!

Hi Guys!

  Thanks for the words of wisdom!

  At the mo Vin 16723 is my only car...the £150 renault 5 died dramtically on the M5 and my VW camper resto (lybian terrorist mobile) is nowhere near complete so Vin 16723 AKA 'The Beast' is my only mode of transport!!!!!

  Therfore i have been paying it lots of attention and treating it with even more respect than b4 as i am relying on it daily!!!

  I decided to do the proper auto fluid check from the manual...you know...wait till cooling fans kick in...go through gears!!!  And guess what no fluid on the stick!! Topped her up, took her out for a spin and the 1st gear slip/kangaroo has gone!!!

  So my leak needs to be fixed sooner rather than later as lack of oils SEEMS to be my problem...feel a bit of a doofus for not doing the proper checks earlier!!

  Anyway I am 99% sure it is leaking from the auto pan gasket and i have a new pan gasket, filter and filter gasket!!!

  The reason i havent gone ahead and given it a go is because on a previous inspection it felt that some of the bolts holding on the pan might have been spinning around...i.e shagged!!! oh and the auto trans scares me!!!!

  Any advice for a pan gasket and filter change???? and what if the bolts are spinning!!!

  And just out of interest...how much is a manual conversion in total...i doubt i would ever do this as i like having the rare auto model (that sells for a premium according to practical classics buyers guide :-----)  but it would be good to know a figure just in case!!!

  Thanks in anticipation

  Craig
  Vin 16723 AKA The leaky Beast
  DOC 20