Re: [doc] Re: RHD

Dan was a little bit out. It's about 2" too short at each end. The
problem lies on the pinion side, and the space between the pinion
housing and the support bearing - there's not enough room to thread on
an alternate sleeve and retain the strength of the original rack. The
Esprit rack is identical apart from mounts and length so parts -are-
interchangable. If you extend just the long end, then you get more turns
on one lock than the other - something some RHD's do suffer from. You
can't start cutting and welding the rack because it's hardened and for
the same reason you can't thread it. I'm not saying it can't be done,
just that it ain't simple. Much like the rest of the conversion work -
looks obvious till you actually have a crack at it.

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk