Re: [doc] re new accumulator-now will not start!

blackaddertoo wrote:

> will jump the relay 30/87 and see if i can hear the pump
> (maybe disconnect the feed line to the fuel distributor and check if
> petrol is comming through (carefully!!!!).

I noted you said that you "removed the rpm and furl pump relay"

The RPM relay -is- the fuel pump relay. The one in the manual marked
"fuel relay" is actually the one that powers the lambda system.

I have a buggered idlespeed ECU which does something very similar to
what you describe. It's quite comical because it works on any car. Plug
it in, the car will start and idle fine. Then it revs to 2000 rpm and
stays there for 15 seconds, then stalls.

I'd look at your idlespeed system personally. It's the only system that
can cause such a strange symptom. Try revving the engine and see if it
continues running. Not massivcely, but 1500rpm or so.

If it is the fuel system, it'll be the control pressure regulator. I
keep banging on about them simply because I've seen so many that have
failed and fixed poor running engines by changing them. It is also
called the warm up regulator, and it's in warm up that most problems
occur, when that little device is controlling the fuel.

It doesn't matter which way round you plug the fuel accumulator in as
long as the little one is tthe return,.although you're right you can't
get it wrong.

Taking off the intake manifold can open a whole world of hurt if you are
unsure of doing it.

Martin
DMC Ltd

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk