Re: [doc] What is the most common air con failure point?

Re: [doc] What is the most common air con failure point?

I have heard of one member where one the pipes blew and off went his £60
worth of gas...  In my case the evaporator blew and the aircon guy pumped
nitrogen in to find the hole.

As it happens, I am having my aircon gassed for the first time in a year
tomorrow.  I have gone for R134a as RS24 is mostly R134a anyway and R12 is
no longer manufactured so every time you want to fill it will get harder to
find and more expensive.

Fingers crossed, as everything is new or OEM apart from the 2 hoses that run
down the chassis to the currently dormant original compressor...

With any luck I will be travelling to the Kent modified event on Sunday in
an ice cool cockpit

Regards

Chris Hawes
p.s. dye is in the system for life once it has been injected.  I will be
having a UV leak test to ensure that the finer, higher pressured R134a is
not escaping.