[doc] Re: Number 2!

DANIEL SHANE <daniel.shane@xxxx> wrote:

> Can Quentin give any exact details why the Delorean is
> crap ?  The whole locking JZD in on the press launch
> was unfortunate but it has happened to others.

He did his best during "The Cars the Star" a few years ago...

> The owner of Lotus and Bugatti at the time, Artioli,
> Had his grand daughter inside the Elise on it's launch
> day.  She was there as the car was named after her.
> Towards the end of the press day she decided to puke
> up all over the back of the car and inside it too.
> That was over looked and never reported.
>
> Th Vauxhall VX220 dropped all of it's oil on it's
> press launch, seized it's engine and nothing was said.
>  Even happens to porche and to Lambo.

What does this have to do with the DeLorean though?

> And then that stupid line about it taking 12 Seconds
> to hit 60. Who the hell managed that crap time.  Did
> they get Quentin to that official timing ???  A Normal
> car is around 9 to 10 and one that has has been played
> with, is between 7 and 8.  for A 24 year old car thats
> bloody good!

He didn't say that - a woman journalist said "Doesn't it do 0-60 in 12
seconds or something?" - she was unsure, but no-one corrected her. 8.5
seconds is what I have written down. :)

> I tell you what, the next time we are at a show and
> Quentin is around point him out to me.  I would to
> great pleasure in pointing out the error of his ways
> and the effect of how stupid off hand comments like
> the ones he gives damages the reputation of a very
> good car.

Been there - done that. Like anyone with an opinion, he doesn't care
what you say - he has his and he's sticking to it!

He certainly knows how to push our buttons though, doesn't he?
Considering the amount of crap I've had to put up with at petrol
stations the country over, I think I've a pretty good handle on it all
now. You own the car AND it's history now.. spread the word ;)

Dan

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk