Re: [doc] finally driven her!!

Hi

Yes going into the 'valley of death' was a little daunting first time
for me too and whilst i know i have said this before ,with the help
of this sites 'How To's' with plenty of refernce pics, its not now a
task i would now 'dread' doing . My leak was pretty much in the same
place as his on here and whilst the metal pipe looked OK the worm
clip wasnt really doing its job after 24 years . Whilst the coolant
will take some time to do any real damage, personally i wouldnt like
to leave it too long before sorting it. There are a lot of holes to
fill up in the top of there especially the two 4 - 5" deep wells in
the middle.

Definatley get all new replacement rings and if you choose, all new
bolts before you start stripping it all down. I used all new 'y pipe'
bolts, pump bolts and manifold bolts for my own piece of mind and
because there is nothing worse than starting a job and waiting for
bits you thought that you wouldnt need, to arrive.

A handy friend to help out whilst doing this particular job is always
a plus :)

If you need any 'Y pipe' to engine block  o rings ( 2no ) i still
have a dozen or so left.

http://retroserver.no-ip.com/delorean/whatlurksbeneath.html

http://retroserver.no-ip.com/gallery/enginemiddle/index.html

http://retroserver.no-ip.com/deloreanmain.html

Kind Regards

Mike B
#2001 /403

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Richard" <dickyh11@xxxx> wrote:
> If you have a leak from the rear of the pump, then yes it probably
is a
> perished hose.
>
> The t-panel has a layer of hard foam glued to the stainless, and
also
> glued to the roof. Heating up the stainless won't help. You need to
> prise up the t-panel with the foam still attached to it. It can be
done
> with firm but gentle coaxing.
>
> Rich H
> DOC 36 VIN 1274

Behalf
> Of
> > blackaddertoo
> > Sent: 01 August 2005 01:18
> > To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [doc] finally driven her!!
> >
> > Hi thanks for the advice
> >
> > i'll start perhaps with the 02 sensor as its an easy one to do.
> >
> > i'm not looking forward to the plugs etc, looks a long job! and
> > expensive as while you are there you might as well replace leads,
> > cap, rotor, water pump pipes etc.
> >
> > by the way i have a small leak coming from behind the water pump,
> > assume its the weak hose to the pump needs sorting, i understand a
> > common problem.
> >
> > the T panel just won't budge, seems the the foam under is sticking
> > to the panel, may try a hairdryer to heat the panel carefully.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Steve
> >

> > --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tny1964@xxxx wrote:
> > > mine was the same, after i replaced the injectors! a new set i
got
> > with my
> > > car. turns out the previous owner had sodded about with the
> > adjusting screws on
> > >  the throttle assy,and the throttle  wasn't  shutting properly
> > after i
> > > sorted that it seems ok. but that was after replacing the cpr.
you