Re: [doc] Slave clutch cylinder removal/installation

Re: [doc] Slave clutch cylinder removal/installation

Hi Stian

It's really easy to do - just two 11mm bolts, and undo the line. (undo
the line from the adapter, then the adapter from the cylinder - don't
try undoing the adapter first or you'll twist the line off).

Yes you'll need to bleed it, but when you're in there it'll be really
easy. Just undo the bleed screw, get a friend to push the pedal, do it
up, get friend to release the pedal. Repeat till no air comes out. A
little bit of air in the clutch hydraulics is far less important than
the brakes.

A stiff clutch can be helped with new hydraulics, and a s/s line if you
haven't already got one. We do new slaves and an excellent seal kit for
the master for £15, rebuilt for £50 if you want to send it to us. We've
sold over 20 of these kits so far and had no failures.

http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/newparts1.html#mastercylrebuild

Now's a good time for cap and rotor too. And plugs. And leads!

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk