Re: [doc] Engine Number

nick12dmc wrote:

> You will pay more from Volvo (e.g.pulley nut £2 Renault but
> unavailable, £5 from Volvo)

Obviously your Renault guys aren't as good as they could be :-) The nut
is still available. In fact I've only really come across one thing that
isn't, and that's the orignal water pump pulley. You do have to know
your engines though. For example Renault 30 head gaskets are wrong, but
rocker cover gaskets are correct.

I think a lot of Ren places will say "it's not avaialble" and miss out
the words "in this country". Our place (which is absolutely excellent)
get stuff in from France all the time.

I'll give one example. We went through a phase of snapping the throttle
link rods - the little 2-ball-joint things between the spool and
throttle itself. Unavailable from Volvo, or any of the DeLorean vendors.
We were pulling our hair out for a while continually swapping  these
rods between cars to be able to move them. Then a call to our Renault
dealer went something like this

"Can you cast your mind back to the Renault 30?"
"Er, probably"
"On the engine, between the throttle spool and the throttles themselves,
here's a little rod with two ball joints"
"Oh yes, I remember, they always break when you try to adjust them.."
"that's the bugger! can you get them?"
tap tap tap tap.....
"Yes, but only from france - that'll take another week"
"Can you get the little clips that retain them on the balls?"
"No problem, they're showing as available in France too"
"How much?"
"Er..... £7.28"
"I'll have three"

Martin