RE: [doc] Striker pins

I have *exactly* the same problem with my drivers door. The spacing
washers are to bring the pin out enough to slot into the door catch.
Look closely at your door when it's closed and you'll notice a tight fit
to the rear of the door, and a big gap at the front.

The pin tightens into a big lump of steel which is captive inside a
framework. Unfortunately the threads on the pin aren't really long
enough to accommodate lots of spacer washers and barely grip, tightening
it up usually strips the thread - I had an extra long thread pin made,
but it didn't solve the problem, once they're stripped, that's it.

The thread is M12 Fine if memory serves. You have two options, either
helicoil - which I doubt would make a satisfactory repair, or get a new
lump made.

Unfortunately to get at it means removing the wing, to remove the wing
you have to remove the front fascia, and to remove the front fascia you
have to remove the bonnet - that's why mine -still- has the problem!!

I am going to get a friend to make me a new one out of something hard
like EN8, I could get a second one done while I'm at it, but I can't
guarantee when that will be....

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274

Of