[doc] re rear hub removal...help!!!

Hi All

my rebuild of vin 1621 is going ok (but slow) but i've come to the
rear brakes.

Does anyone know if it is ok to put into gear (manual) to stop rear
wheel and hub nut turning. At present the hub nut turns with the
wheel and i cannot see how to remove it particularly as the torque
setting is 270!!!. i don't know anyone with a wrench up to this, if
so the handle would be 5 foot long!!

Also are there any tips on removing the rear calipers. i can only
get access with a normal spanner and the bolts won't budge (tried
release oil). torque i meant to be 40 but they must have rusted on.
i gather that the aluminium hub carrier can be broken if no carefull.

any help would be appreciated as i am waiting to get to drive the
car.

did anyone rebuilding have any problems with the clutch?? i have yet
to try as i have rebuilt the master but need a good few!! hours to
bleed the clutch (if the slave is OK).

thanx for any help

regards

Steve