Re: [doc] Re: "new" new cars

Sorry, forgot to mention at the time of driving around in a 2.9i Granada I was merely 18.

It just goes to show that you shouldn't go for run-of-the-mill cars that every other 18 year old woul drive.

Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178

Mike Sumner <mikebmw316@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I completely agree.

I once got insured on a 1988 Ford Granada 2.9i Ghia X.

It was crazily fast and very powerful, yet something comparatively tame like a Golf GTi would've been completely out of the question.

Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178

nick12dmc <Tammyfew@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Insurance is a very personal thing, but I always shop around.
When I first started driving I got some qoutes on diffrent
cars i was intrested in. A Rover 216 VDP (the box shaped one) £800
TPFT. A Pontaic Fiero 2.8 GT £800 fully comp! My theroy is to
look at cars that are not normaly bought by persons of your own age.

In other words no boy racers have wraped loads of them round
lamp posts etc. Or been nicked. This means keeping clear of GTI's.

When my mates were driving mid 80's Astra GTE's or RS Escort's I
bought a 2 year old 2.8TDI LWB Frontera Fully loaded with leather,
air-con etc.
It had as much pose value at the time especialy when filled with
climbing and caving lasses!.
We were all apprentices in the same toolroom, on the same money.
I paid out less a month than they did, I also had more fun.
Just my two pennys worth.
Nick H

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Richard" <dickyh11@xxxx> wrote:
> If the garage says the car is worth £800 then sell it privately for
> grand, then go back to the garage and demand a better discount for
cash
> - works for me :D
> Name your price, let them um and err a bit, then start waving the
pound
> notes around. Real money has a wonderfully persuasive power about
it...

> If you do a lot of mileage then a bigger car is a better option.
They're

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk