Re: [doc] DeLorean in Auto Trader

chrisparnham wrote:

> In my experience a few TV appearances make absolutely no difference to
> the value of a car. “thousands spent” is also a no no in adverts,
> potential buyers think…how many thousands will I have to spend? Well
> maintained and updated is much better. (IMHO)

I'm genuinely curious about this comment, Chris. I'm about to sell my
"Tinny" #4426 - When I bought it, it was basically a very sound car,
thoroughly well cared for in its previous life, and only really lacking
seats, driver's side dropping window and an engine when I towed it home
from Germany (thanks for the trailer again!). I've basically pulled it
to pieces and rebuilt it, not quite to Andy Snell's level, but certainly
paying close attention to all the important systems - eg fuel, coolant,
clutch, brakes - all of which have been completely renewed. Everything
important has been either refurbed or replaced. I have re-dyed the
interior, replaced the seats with new covers, new headliners, new
speakers, new gearshift boot yadda yadda yadda and between Andy C and
myself, am in the process of finally putting the engine together, all
with brand new internals (as you know :-). The bodywork is 99%, the
wheels have been refurbished, the fascias have been painted - I could go
on for hours! My aim is that everything works/looks as well as, or
better than new. I'm hoping to get £18k for it, which will include the
number plate XIL 4426 which I bought to compliment the VIN. Am -I- in
the right ballpark?

BTW, this is still very much my own personal crusade. Finding time to
work on Tinny is a struggle what with customer's DeLoreans getting in
the way, it gets a bit forgotten!

Martin

Meet the McDonald¿s® Lincoln Fry  get free digital souvenirs,
Web-only video and bid on the Lincoln Fry prop charity auction.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2YkgMD/fV0JAA/Y3ZIAA/HliolB/TM