From: STEVE TOMPSON [mailto:music.design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 02 February 2005 19:40
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] Re: I'm outta here!!

You Guys....
Thanks very much for all the support and stuff. It really has made me
feel a lot better about the whole thing. You are right. I haven't given
up the dream completley. That started at the 1981 motorshow in London
when I was ten, its just that this is the closest I have ever come in
that time (the other being about 16 years ago).
I will be back...
Your right about cars being scapped quite young. My Astra which has
died, is a 1998 R reg - hence a bit of a shock.

Hey ho

cheers for now

lotusshaney <daniel.shane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It doesn't need to cost much to get a good Delorean.  I got mine back
from the states and
then got it up and running for ALOT less than £12K.  As long as you do
the work yourself,
and it's not the hardest car to work on, then It doesn't need to cost
the earth.

Martin and Dave at DMUK most of the common parts and services that you
will need and
they are always ready to advise, as are most on this group.

Dont forget that as It's a classic you get cheap insurance.  They will
hold the value better
and if you need a run-around then go and get a £700 junker.  You will be
surprised what
you can get now for peanuts.

Just keep looking and you will find one.

Dan

Vin 4754

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan" <danielpwillis@xxxx> wrote:

> I agree with Mike! You'll get the car you want; time is really on
> our side with DeLoreans - they suffer much less "rot" than
> conventional "classics".
>
> I've owned 2, and will own another - but right now, my circumstances
> really don't owe well to classic ownership. It really doesn't bother
> me either. I loved my cars and I will love the next one!
>
> Dan
> Ex-Vin# 5284 & 5641
>
> --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike Green" <mgreen@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hey Steve
> >
> > I don't know the figures, but I imagine more than 60% of the
> members of
> > this list don't own a DMC 12, and I'd say a good percentage of
> those
> > that don't own one currently (myself included) will probably never
> own
> > one due to circumstances.
> >
> > I have a long way to go before I can get my D. I had considered
> getting
> > a loan (bad move) and selling my current daily abuse car so that I
> can
> > have a delorean, but unfortunately I cant see myself getting one
> for at
> > least another 2 years, and like yourself have been put off by the
> > increased price of import.
> >
> > That being said, I've set myself a figure which I would say is
> > reasonable for a uk D (about 12K) and I'm working towards that.
> Sods law
> > states that once I can afford it, things will have changed again,
> but
> > its worth a go and at worst case, I'll by a VW scirocco and mod
> the shit
> > out of it :)
> >
> > Mike

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links
*        To visit your group on the web, go to:

*        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk