Re: [doc] AC Control Panel Earths

With a metal bodied car the earths normally connect to to the car bodywork and then return to the -ve battery connection.
With a plastic bodied car I would use an earth busbar then use a heavy gauge cable to return back to the battery. This would prevent voltage drops etc

Regards,

NickT

jamesrguk <James_rg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am just about to re-install my centre console, but there are loads
of small earth wires left loose from when I had the AC control panel
out. Where are these earths supposed to earth to? At the moment I
just have them fixed onto the a/c panel's metal frame, is that right?

I don't even know what they are earthing, but there are about 5 of
them and they are quite thin wires with hoops crimped on the ends,
so I was guessing the AC Panel lamps.

rgds

James

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk