RE: [doc] Car for sale.

My personal view on insurance Paul, is only do the minimum. They will charge
you more for higher risk.

I Usually make it more or less what it stands me at. Some companies can be
very funny about high values.

For example, my RHD Delores, I had to get me and Dave to write in, just to
justify a modest value of 19K!
Things are different in the republic, even tougher I believe.

On a slightly different note, you no how you list all the bits done to your
car? Well a lot of people do this when they try and sell them, personally I
think this is a big mistake.

Folk read a huge list and think "B***** hell", if its needed all this lot
doing to it, just think what extra I might have to pay! Its negative.

People expect that when they buy a car, it WILL work, and if they don't they
will be worried. It doesn't really matter if its got a good working old bit
or a brand new one.

OK with my Frenchy, I'm stating that its got a brand new engine, cos it
has, but I will make it very clear to anybody that the engines are normally
very reliable. Its just mine was running through turbo-charging. I prefer
to keep thing vague, say all of the necessary upgrades have been done, its
all running and Mot'd and leave it at that.

I think Andrews eBay advert was spot on, its tell you loads, informs
potential customers, puts them at ease, people who may know absolutely
nothing about DeLorean cars.

This is what our club and website is all about, dispelling the myths, making
folk appreciate what is a damn fine car.

(and a good long term investment)

Chris Parnham