RE: [doc] 2004 and um, us

Come on everyone - Group Hug xxxxxxxx

Nick.

Chris Parnham <chrisparnham1@xxxx> wrote:

Dan/List,

I think we do pretty damn well on our list!

OK we don't get it right all the time, But heck, non of us are perfect...me
especially.

All we can do is try our best. I tend not to agonise over what's been done
and therefore cannot be changed.

Our list (or news group as I frequently, incorrectly call it ) was started
by chance comment one night between me and Tris Harvey Rice. By 08.00 the
next morning, Tris had got it up and running!

I think it's been hugely successful, helpful, friendly, especially at
organising quick min-meets and last minute attendances at various events.

Usually, It takes a lot of pressure off me. But of course there are dangers.

An inadvertent or badly timed comment can seriously injure peoples
feelings. And what are we about? We are about our love and feelings towards
one particular unique motor car!

We must all be very sad anoraks!

No, we are about more than that, we are about the companionship, the
friendships, the belonging to a group of like minded people that comes with
our common interest.

Sometimes, occasionally we get it wrong. So what, forget it, move on. Try
and do better next time...

........................I think I'm turning into a philosopher! Not bad for
someone without any "O" levels!

Chrispy

. Most would agree that non-moderation is a good thing.
However, it only takes one person to change that. I've been very
active in about 6 forums (daily) and I've seen things turn nasty in
the most friendly, weloming and helpful forums on the internet. Human
condition.

Anyhoo.. maybe us DOCers are above that. Maybe. ;oP

Dan
Vin#5284 - moving on...

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk