RE: [doc] CONCORDE VS DELOREAN

Yup, I realise that. I'm not for one second questioning the suitability, practicality or caperbility of Concorde. I think it was a damn fine aircraft and I've always been glad its British. I was merely making an observation on the initial outlay. Do I think it was a worthwhile pursuit of expenditure by the British government - hell yes. The money didn't just develop a supersonic passenger plane, it brought all the prestige and recognition that came with that and kept the British at the forefront of passenger aeronautics for 30 years. My point was that when people moan about DMC soaking up government money, it wasn't the only thing that did. It's not a bad thing. A Delorean is a part of history - past and present, as is concorde.