very disturbing

Hi all. I've just come back from my vacation in the Dominican Republic and whilst it was a very enjoyable holiday i found myself watching the most disturbing thing i have ever seen on tv one night. It is a new show based on the same principal as scrapheap challenge called monster garage. It was on Discovery last week maybe monday i think. between the frequent power cuts and the earthquakes, i just managed to hear the word Delorean. To which my ears pricked up. The show is about a team selected each week to transform two things into one. Last week it was the turn of a group to turn a Delorean into a hovercraft. not a bad challenge if the car is a total none runner with no seats,dashboard, wiring loom, windows or any decent salvageable part. But no. It was a none runner but they then proceded to smash all the windows, cut the body shell, rip the panels off, total the interior and all the bits they didn't want ended up in the scrap bin. They ended up with just a few panels gaffa taped to the hovercraft. The shows host turned up and told the team it was nowhere good enough and they were to start again with another body shell. At the end of the week the Delorean was to heavy to fly and the project had failed. They then proceeded to take the Delorecraft to a firing range on a beach and drove over the remains of the car/craft until it was bent and twisted out of recognition. I am now getting very upset and angry just thinking about it. One of the (so-called) experts name is Don Steger. He owns a company called The Delorean Center. For someone who supposedly loves Deloreans he has a very sick attitude to these cars. Two Deloreans or parts of Deloreans butchered beyond recognition for the sake of a tv show. need i say more. You can have a look at the shows website at www.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/episode/season2/episode_29.html Please have a look and if someone knows this Don Steger, register my disgust with him for me please.

Rgds. Dan in Gloucester who doesn't own a Delorean but would have loved a crack at the two they so willfully distroyed. Bsadatrs.

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger