Re: Engine/clutch

Just back from our Dutch Club meet, so a bit late in responding...

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:17:19 +0100, "Chris Parnham" wrote:

> When you are putting the engine back in on (a manual car),
> be sure to tie shut the clutch slave cylinder.
>
> If you inadvertently jack up the gear box, slightly too high,
> the clutch activating arm can foul the body and move, causing
> the thrust bearing to come adrift...

We put in the Gearbox on Dagger last friday night and figured
this out JUST in time (before we got everything back together).

Another helpfull thing for us was jacking up the engine on the
side of the oilpan, to tilt the engine forward.
When we did this everything slid into ecah other the first try,
while the first 3 alignment attempts were fruitless.

I'm happy to report that I've allready put over 300mi onto my
new clutch since saturday evening (when we got everything hooked
up agian) and the car's a pleasur e to drive again.

Next project; current leak (somewhere... stil...)

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000