Re: [doc] RE: Brakes/modifications/ DMUK/ list

im with you on that one chriss kind regards paul

From: "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham1@xxxx>
To: <doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [doc] RE: Brakes/modifications/ DMUK/ list
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:07:01 +0100

Stephen,

I repeat, I'm glad you are pleased with your work done by DMUK. I too wish
Martin and Dave well.

You clearly like the idea of modifying your car to be more like a "super
car". They were never originally intended to be a "super car", more of a GT
tourer, a role they continue to do very well, in completely un-modified
form.

Myself and a few others have tweaked suspension, exhausts etc. but would
probably draw the line at that.

It's all down to individual tastes. ( and money available)

This newsgroup (and club) were founded as a "self help" group, to pass on
and share info. in a "brotherly", co-operative manner. We are a "broad
Church", with diverse options on all sorts of issues. There is no right and
wrong, just different opinions.

I have received numerous complaints (some this very afternoon) about this
group becoming an arm of a commercial venture and of peoples ( perfectly
valid) opinions being "rubbished" in public. This is completely
self-destructive and negative.

In the old days, if a person asked for the number of a front wheel bearing,
he was soon given it, now he's just as likely to receive a offer to sell him
one.

Can we please re-focus slightly, cut out the hassle and agro, or we risk
loosing members as well as contributors.

Just my opinion.

Your honourable secretary.

CP