Re: [doc] V6 engines

Hi guys,

As a former Renault employee, I can vouch for the 3.0V6 Espace not
exactly hanging about. The plastic body helped with weight, so what
looked like a big heavy people carrier (even in lwb form) was
actually quite nippy and I loved driving them. I remember seeing off
some boy-racer in a BMW in one once, it was on a motorway sliproad
when I was taking a demo model to the author Ken Follett (who went on
to buy one from me) :-D

Anyway, not sure if the later V6's in the Espace/Laguna are the PRV
or not, but according to the data I have from 2002 Renault price
guide, the V6 Espace was 194bhp, the Laguna was 210bhp, which makes
me think the Espace might still be running a form of the PRV, with a
different V6 in the Laguna. Oh and Phil, you are right about the
plugs on a V6 Espace. The service that involves changing the plugs
involves dropping the engine out to get to them, you are normally
looking at quite a hefty service bill because of the labour involved.

To clarify, Renault bought Nissan, not the other way round. Nissan
were in trouble and on the verge of going bust and Renault were
looking for a manufacturer to share platforms with (like the next
Clio and the new Micra). This happened around late 2000/early 2001,
just before I left Renault. AFAIK Renault is still a 'nationalised'
company in France, wheres PSA (Peugeot/Citroen) are independent - I'm
sure Martin can clarify the PSA situation though.

Claire
#2292 'Flopsy'