RE: [doc] 'Modern' style air conditioning

RE: [doc] 'Modern' style air conditioning

John,

A component that has electrical bits contained within is not good to
re-plate, cleaning acid would undoubtedly bugger up the innards!

When I jack a car up.

1) Slacken the wheel nuts before jacking up.
2) Put the jack in a strong place, under the anti-roll bar chassis bracket
is good.
3) Put some old rubber mat or old carpet between the jack and the car.
4) Lower car onto axel stand before work, again in a strong place, use wood/
and or carpet to spread the load, protect the paint finish.
5) Leave the jack in place if you can ( belt and braces)
6) Poke the removed wheel under the car in case the lot comes crashing down,
(you'll end up a bit flatter, but will live)
7) When you re-assemble...DOUBLE CHECK THE WHEEL NUTS ARE TIGHT BEFORE YOU
DRIVE OFF!!

Chris