From: Chris Parnham [mailto:chrisparnham1@xxxx]
Sent: 26 June 2003 12:17
To: Doc-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] French Car update.

I'm been cleaning the car.

A quick go on the exterior and engine bay, looks much better.

The interior is a very pleasant surprise, it looked filthy and neglected
when I bought it.

I have a couple of hours cleaning up the carpets, seats, dash etc and I
can
honestly say that it looks nearly like new in there!

With the exception on the main headlining, which needs recovering, the
transfers rubbed off on the window lift switches, and the carpet damaged
slightly by battery acid ( which you cant see unless you tilt the seat
forward).

Also the seats are still a bit hard but are responding well to loads of
leather treatment.

When I've finished I fully expect the interior to look as good as Dusty's
( same colour too).

My cleaning technique is cheap and simple.

1) Hoover out first.

2) Then using a small spray bottle with plain water and a dash of
detergent mixed in, spray an area lightly, wipe with a clean peace of
kitchen roll, it turns dirty!

3) Repeat, until it comes back clean, probably 5/8 times, just work your
way around the whole interior.,

4) I also did this around the roof/ door water trap channel, what a
difference it makes.

5) you can then use a silicon based spray to make the plastic look nice
and
shiny again if you like.

Total cost, less than £6.

Another pleasant surprise, most of the eclectics work, including the clock
and original radio, but it does play radio 4, not some French station!

Underneath the car is next.

Then I've still to get it running of course!

Enjoying his new challenge,

Chris Parnham

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk