Re: [doc] Work on PSO, and thoughts on 81 cars.

Go for the bronze screen. You know you want to.

From: "Stephen Strelczak" <STEPHEN.STRELCZAK@xxxx>
To: <doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [doc] Work on PSO, and thoughts on 81 cars.
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:35:55 +0100

Morning all,

The PSO restoration and improvement work continues, and so
far, not as many shocks as I expected. Finally my door lights are
working!! It turns out that the RHD conversion process left most of the
electrical wiring in the wrong areas of the car. The worst example being
the front interior light, the cabling for which was placed up the right
hand A-pillar, then covered in a second sheet of vinyl, hence the
peeling vinyl problem which many other owner picked up on at meetings
etc. As it happens, my windscreen is being replaced, so this is going to
be addressed, and new vinyl applied to the right hand A-pillar. This
peeling A-pillar, along with my peeling glove-box compartment, have long
since been my biggest bug-bears, but both are being addressed now, so
PSO will be have lost its two major visual defects.

As my windscreen is being replaced, I am told that I have
two choices for replacement. One with the green sunstrip tint, one with
the bronze tint. I used to have a bronze tint, which I liked, but was
this correct for an November 81 car? I've been told that I may have to
wait a great deal longer for a bronze tint windscreen, but I'm still
waiting on word from Martin on this one. What do others think? Bronze or
Green, opinions on which suits the car best, and whether I am right to
feel I should wait for the bronze tint version?

As a final point, what kind of bonnet should a November 81
car have? Mine is flat without grooves, and a bonnet Delorean badge.
What should a November 81 bonnet be. The 81 sunstar model has a grooved
bonnet, is that correct? My car has a two-tone interior, which is
apparently an 83 characteristic, did they do that on any of the 81s?
Finally should a November 81 have silver or grey wheels. I'm having mine
repainted a resplendent silver whilst the car is with Martin. How silver
can silver be? What is the most silver, silver available when repainting
alloys? I don't want a chrome look, but I really want to highlight how
detailed and beautiful the wheels are? Should I ask for a particular
finish to achieve this? Martin will be sending the wheels to a
particular company he knows, but wondered if others knew of the correct
finish to ask for?

Regards to all,

Stephen.

PSO 69W

VIN#6986

RHD MNL GRY.

Stephen Strelczak

NHS Business Manager

Comtec NHS

Direct 07970008603

Office 01225446122

Fax 01225448360

GCAT supplier for the UK.

HP Procurve Platinum Partner.

HP Business Partner & Fujitsu-Siemens Partner.

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger