Re: [doc] Importing E.U

Hi Alistair

I trailered my project car back from germany and had no issues at the docks. The DVLA told me that "as long as it has an MOT and is older than 10 years, we will register it". C&E didn't agree, and said I'd have to pay tax on the car havinig been imported into the EU, but that hapenned years ago too. If the car you're looking at is already registered in Europe, it'll be plain sailing

What do you mean "register before you get it"? You just bring the car in, paying tax at 5% and then get it MOTable at your leisure, then register it.

Martin