Re: [doc] Questions, questions, questions...

Re: [doc] Questions, questions, questions...

> First off. I have a vacuum leak from the main aircon control in the
> dash. I've taken it all out but no matter what I do - as soon as the
> engine starts I get a hisssssssssssssss from the control. Any ideas?
> Do I need to replace this unit? Any body know what causes it to
> happen? I've taken it apart and rebuilt it but it's just a noisy as
> ever.

James had a new one for you yesterday mate. One that clicks properly and hopefully will seal okay. You can lube the diaphragm up with silicone.

> Second. My aerial is broken (automatic from rear quarter). The guide
> (white plastic) has snapped. Thus the whole unit is useless. I'm not
> about to pay $169 for a new one - so does anybody know of a good
> replacement/alternative?

Maplin do an electric aerial for £20 and I had bought a busted original D aerial so I could work out a way of mounting the Maplin one, but haven't received it yet.

> Also.. I've taken off what I think is the angle drive - or rather it
> snapped off. Do I need to remove the entire NUT with it? It won't
> budge...

It will.... with a big enough extension and the entire front suspension visibly twisting (that's what mine did)

Martin