Re: [doc] Relay Part Numbers

Hi John

The original headlights are sealed-beam Sylvania so the left-hand headlights we have (Valeo ones with 3rd party lenses) are non-original anyway. Any H4 bulb will fit them. BTW they're not Audi 80 but Audi 200 and early Audi Quattro/Coupe. I'd be careful with "hotter" bulbs as they may warp the fascia. Something to bare in mind.

The centre console switches are Renault (in fact the R30 had illuminated switches which is what the missing pin is for), however the rocker bit is different and you'd need an old switch to swap the top off.

My car is very much a "work in progress". The foglight mod I've done on Flopsy is more "professional".

Martin

jchapelhow wrote:

Martin.

Tahnks for your response. Since the car is MOT'd to November I can afford to put off the fog light rewire whilst I attend to other matters.

My local Halford's were less than helpful when it came to anything involving the word 'relay', they did however point me towards the new 'plug and play' Xenon headlight bulbs. These apparently plug straight in instead of the existing halogen ones. Since my car already has the replacement Audi 80 lights there is even a handy chart telling me which ones to fit.

Any comments why this is/isn't a good idea? OK it is not original, but neither is my new fan fail system!

Hopefully I can get to see the fog light wiring from other cars at the events before attempting it myself, I am trying to source the switch from a Renault Clio as suggested in one of the club magazines..

John