Re: [doc] Relay Part Numbers

Hi John

Sorry for the delay in replying - I've just got back to my PC and am in the middle of downloading 593 emails.

jchapelhow wrote:

I am looking for the part number for the both the 7 'general relays' and whatever is in the rear of the engine bay. All of mine have corrosion/residue on making the numbers unreadable.

These are standard DIN relays and available in Halfords. The original ones aren't the highest quality to start with so just buy whatever looks nice. Halfords do a nice black plastic one with integrated fuse which is perfect for things like the engine bay relay.

On a side note I would like to arrange to have you do the mod on my car to wire the fog lights. I am currently looking for a on/off switch, rather than the spare, unwired window style unit which is currently sitting in my centre console. At the same time I would like help to put right the side repeater lights, they have beeen wired as indicators but do not come on otherwise. Yes, I know this should be a simple job but I am not particularly keen to experiment with my new car, I would rather give you a donation and have someone with experience do it!

No problem at all mate. Houston sell a duplicate defrost switch without an emblem which can be used, or just get one from Maplin for £1 - they do a nice flat black rocker which can be fitted into one of the blank plugs very easily. Make sure it's a DPDT switch. I did #2292 "Flopsy"'s foglights over the weekend - it now lights up its Lambda light when the fog lights are on. As to the side marker lights - I would be happy to have a look, but it _may_ depend on how the modificatins have been done before. It's also ten times harder with the front fascia on!

I am trying to get the car ready for the filming meet Boeing has to be made waterproof before I will contemplate it. If this can be done could the mods be done on the day, it might even give them an option of filming a car without the bumpers on?

I would rather not be bogged down working on any particular car for any length of time - it takes me about 2 hours to do the foglight wiring but much of that's tedious threading of wires through grommets and down the centre console etc. It's also a good idea to solder up your tail-light boards to make them reliable. Having said that however, I'd be happy to "direct" the work if you'd like to do it? It's just a case of "take that wire, put a crimp on it, attach to that screw which you've drilled through the board to mount blah blah blah"

Martin