Keeping stainless nice & clean, headlining, gas struts, door seals and u

Keeping stainless nice & clean, headlining, gas struts, door seals and upgraded alternator.

To All,
I've just spent last weekend and several nights cleaning my lovely 'D' so that it shines and sparkles inside and out. I've used my tin of DOC's stainless steel cleaner and it's gorgeous but now I'd like to keep it this way. I wondered if anyone can give me thier previous experience of any products that protected the steels' grain from dirt, what was used, how easy it was to apply and how long it lasted etc. I haven't taken the car out of the garage now it looks gorgoues (especially now the alloys and body are shining!).
How easy is it to change the headlining and where can the material be obtained? Mine cleaned up great but has a couple of tears in it and is sagging in the middle slightly.
Which replacement door struts are the best to use, how much were they and where did you get them from? I've decided to replace both of mine as they are getting a bit 'lazy'. (Don't want to start a long thread on this one !)
I'd like to replace my outer door seals, which is the best glue to use in terms of not getting it everywhere else other than the rubber and its sticking power.
Last but not least does anyone know of a better alternator (off the shelf in the UK) than the original? I don't really want the battery going flat when it's summer time for cruising!
Thanks all in advance for any help.
Regards,
Nick.