Tiny's restoration - photo

Hi Mike - seeing as you asked so nicely :-) I have several, but am having a few nightmares with my website after the move to the new ISP. However I've stuck one pic up for you to see. This very neatly shows how the colour of the original epoxy can be matched by mixing up black and white Hammerite (like your POR15). I had started off patching up all the rust spots, but then just went for it and painted the whole frame extension. I've also done the underside behind the crumple tubes and quite a large area around the fuel tank where brake fluid had leaked at some point. The entire fuel tank plate needed stripping and painting also. Luckily ALL bits of rust were surface only and once painted, came up beautifully. In this pic, I've just cleaned up the shock tower, but I've painted the frame extension. The photo would have come out better if I hadn't waited till it got dark to take it!

http://www.delorean.co.uk/pictures/frame.jpg

Martin

Senatorpack@xxxx wrote:

Any pics of the restoration?