CALLING ALL UK DELOREAN MEMBERS...501 IS NEARLY HERE!

CALLING ALL UK DELOREAN MEMBERS...501 IS NEARLY HERE!

12 Crosby Way,
Farnham,
Surrey,
GU9 7XG.

21st March, 2003.

Home Tel. No:	01252 719231 [Dir + Prod]
Mobile Tel. No:	07779 646998 [Director]
Mobile Tel. No:	07812 990954 [Producer]

Email: room501project@xxxx

Dear members of the Delorean owners club,

This is a notice regarding the proposed film project ROOM 501. For those of=

you who do not know who I am, my name is Ben Hopkins and I am the
producer for the upcoming film for the Surrey Institute of Art & Design. Th=
e film
is a graduate production and represents the sum total of three years traini=
ng
by industry professionals. Pre-production plans for the production are goin=
extremely well and some fantastic locations have been secured. I am writing=

to you specifically regarding an opportunity for you to have your cars film=
ed in
this production. The required shoot date is set to be the 4th of May 2003. =
The
venue will be Dunstal Hill Trading estate in Wolverhampton.

I have conducted a presentation to some members of your group at a
members meeting in Bath courtesy of the invitation and hospitality of Steph=
en
Strelczak. The proposal was met with great enthusiasm and it gave me a clea=
idea of the benefits that this opportunity can provide for your organisatio=
n and
ourselves. I propose that the event can act as one of your organisations
collective meetings. I have organised access to two warehousing units on th=
same trading estate. The first will be allocated for the recreation of the =
Belfast
D.M.C. car plant. The second will be reserved for yourselves in order for y=
ou
to conduct your meet. Light refreshments such as tea, coffee, sandwiches an=
other light snacks will be provided. For those of you with a more hearty
appetite there is a MacDonalds restaurant a few hundreds yards from the
estate and the city centre is only a quarter of a mile away. I have also
organised for a cameraman to be available with a digital video camera. This=

camera operator will be specifically reserved for the filming of your cars =
provide a short, edited film to act as a souvenir of your day and to promot=
your cars.

It is hoped that this day will be enjoyable for all those involved but ther=
e are
serious intentions concerning the objectives that we must fulfil in order f=
or the
film to be a success. Our group will arrive in Wolverhampton on Friday the =
3rd
of May. We will be setting up the scene that evening and early Saturday
morning. If we are to succeed in accomplishing our shooting schedule for th=
at
day we request that those wishing to partake arrive at the location at 9:00=
a.m.
If we can start promptly with your vehicles in place, shooting can commence=

by 11:00am and carry on until 14:30pm. This will then allow you to take
advantage of the second warehouses facilities for storing your vehicles and=

doing whatever you wish with the remainder of the day (of course the second=

warehouse will be open for shelter and refreshments for the entire duration=
).
The trading estate will be almost totally empty during our visit providing =
a lot
of space to drive around. It is also cut off from other traffic and pedestr=
ians,
which should allow for an uninterrupted day for all.

This request is a genuine call for help. We understand that the distances
travelled for some may be considerable but I would hope that the experience=

will be in return worth the investment of your time and effort. The budget =
that
we have is derived from the incomes supplied by part time jobs. We have
saved a considerable amount compared to the budgets of our peers because
we believe that the sacrifice is worth the potential gains. This film is th=
e last
opportunity for us to take advantage of the reputation of the Surrey Instit=
ute of
Art & Design. While still within this institution we can get huge discounts=
on
professional film, sound, lighting and editing equipment. We can also use t=
he
instituteís contacts with casting agencies to obtain a professional cast of=

actors. Once outside of the university we will be required to pay industry =
rates,
which is totally unrealistic considering our personal incomes.

If the film is a success it can be released on the national festival circui=
t and
this may develop enough interest for the project to be developed further in=
feature film proposal. This film therefore acts as a double whamey. Firstly=
it
acts as a self-contained drama documentary and short film. Secondly it
represents a pilot trailer for a potentially bigger project to be developed=

professionally. Both these things can help bring the story of John Delorean=
a bigger audience and create positive publicity.

If there is a concern that the day may not provide enough private time for =
your
group I can organise the access to the warehouses to be extended until the =

Sunday. That would require those whom wished to stay, spending the night in=

the Midlands under their own steam. I am from the area myself and could off=
er
advice on affordable accommodations.

Thank you for spending the time considering this proposal. Contact numbers =

can be found at the top of this letter and may be used to direct any concer=
ns
that you may have directly to us. Please continue to check your mail for
updates regarding the projects development.

For those who are definitely interested please email or call A.S.A.P. The m=
ore
time I have to organise, the better I can make the event for all.

Kind regards,

Benjamin Hopkins [Producer]
Andrew Holt [Director]
Email: room501project@xxxx