RE: Engine sources/ slightly off.Topic

I'm not sure if the moderators will let this one past.

I nearly responded to this 4 cylinder engine post last time....But I'm
afraid I can't resist any longer!

Why would someone want to remove a perfectly good, reliable V6 engine out
of a DeLorean and fit a less smooth , probably less powerful 4 Cyl?

It reminds me of my time working with British motorcycles in the 1960's. How
many of you remember the "Triton"? It was a hybrid motorcycle using the
wonderful "Norton feather-bed" frame, mated to the brilliant "Triumph"
engine.

However this meant there was a surplus off unreliable old fashioned Norton
Engines and the bad "road holding" Triumph frames.....You've guessed it! We
had a man proudly displaying his "Nortron" ..a crappy engine in a crappy
frame!

He loved it and was probably on a tight budget!

I wont be changing my DeLorean engine just yet.

Best regards

Chris Parnham Hon. Sec. DOC UK www.delorean.co.uk
SNIP>>>
Why would somebody wanna exchange a 6 cylinder motor which was built for
that car with a 4 cylinder ?

SNIP>>>