Re: [doc] Re: Temp-gauge and Fan Problems...

Re: [doc] Re: Temp-gauge and Fan Problems...

Dan, just invest in a multimeter - make sure you get one that has a continuity tester on it (one that goes beep when you short the probes). I think you'll have to invest the vast sum of £6 or so (Maplin have some great ones really cheap)

With that you can start with a known system - eg power windows - and work out which fuse is feeding them. And just work your way around the systems until all fuses re accounted for. My guess would be that all the PO did was replace the fusebox with a better one - but that all the fuses correspond on a one-to-one basis.

Both Paul S and James RG thought they were allergic to electrics - I think they're both now happy playing with their beeping implements!

I'll have my meter with me at the show - can explain better then.

Martin

Daniel Willis wrote:

God I wish I knew M, thing is I can't remember the last time I saw a DeLorean fuse box! Kinda strange having owned two over the last 3 years... hmmm (I do have the manuals tho so that's okay).

I think I'd need an auto electrician to go through the lot to be honest.