BBC Homefront Programme

Wednesday 4th September:
The BBC Homefront Programme wanted to feature a DeLorean as the garden
designer, Diarmuid Gavin, built a stainless steel tunnel in a garden in
Hastings with gull-wing entrance doors! He wanted to show how he got his
inspiration. The beeb called Chris P and a fee of £100 was negotiated. I
spoke to someone from the beeb called John on the phone. I agreed to let
them come around and asked if the could come early so I didn't lose the
whole day. We talked about the £100, then another John called and we also
agreed the £100. They asked that the garage be free of clutter and the car
shiny and clean inside.

The cameraman/director and his assistant arrived at 7.30am to set up. The
sound man arrived at 8am. Diarmuid Gavin arrived
at 8.30am and some girl assistant or maybe she was the director or producer.

We spent until 10.30am in my garage filming the car with smoke machine
effects. It was very interesting. I don't know when the show will be aired,
but it will be between October and January. Just look out for the one that
has the Hastings Stainless Garden.

The girl asked me to sign the permission form and I did, then I asked if she
wanted me to sign the money received section and things went all quiet. She
said that the fee should have been sorted out at the beginning. I said that
I thought the
conversation with Chris P, then my 2 conversations with the 2 John's would
be enough. It started to get really awkward and she said that without a
major drama she could authorise a cheque for £50 to be sent to me. I wonder
if I ever see that?

Still, Simon and I enjoyed the whole event and I think the programme will
show the car in a good light. I'm not so bothered about the money, but I
think they have a cheek thinking that the general public will be so
starstruck that they'll do anything for the telly.

Next time any of you have a gig lined up, make sure they cough up first!

Paul