RE: FallDrive DCN (was:DeLorean Tour in Holland (27-29 september))

RE: FallDrive DCN (was:DeLorean Tour in Holland (27-29 september))

>===== Original Message From Johnstone Richard
>I should be going as well.
> My 0.03 worth on the idea we all arrange to go on the same ferry,
> say about 19.30 from Dover to Calais on the Friday.
> Stay somewhere not far into France.
> Convoy off after breakfast, aiming to meet up with the
> Dutch lot at lunchtime.

If you do this you'd be quite late and miss a part of the
program; there's a tour that starts around 10h00...
And you should take into account that you "loose" an hour
when traveling to the main land, so you'd arrive in France
around 22h30 CET (ferry takes about 2 hours if memory serves).

The drive from Calais to where I live (South of Netherlands)
can be done (at night) in 3 hours, from my place to the hotel
we'll be staying at is about an hours worth of driving.
If you leave earlier in the afternoon you can drive to the
Dutch hotel on Friday and participate right after breakfast on
Saturday. I will be joining Saturday morning, as I live relatively
closeby and I have several things to arrange on Friday,
including printing the translated route-discriptions,
which I don't get till firday morning :-(

>Ferry can be got for £75.

Le Shuttle cost me about £100 for SuperCar Weekend...
Trip takes 35 minutes to get across, an hour including the
check in and checkout... (and YES a DeLorean does fit the
double deck carriages: 1m85 is space enough to open your door)
<http://members.home.nl/delorean/scs/pages/0119_LeShuttle-DoubleDe
ck.htm>

Looks like we're up to three cars now? (Martin, Richard, Dan)
Anyone else coming???

CU,

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...