Re: [doc] Air conditioning

On 21-07-2002 22:09, Graham WELLS wrote:

> Last gassed before Eurofest 2001. Odd thing is it works beautifully when
> cruising along and also when the car is stationary (however much you
> rev the engine) It is only when you press the loud pedal when driving
> that the air goes warm. I will get the level of gas checked out but the
> compressor is cutting in and out on a regular basis as it should.

Just a long shot, but couldn't it be that your condensor sits BEHIND the
radiator instead of in front? And doe your fans cycle with the compressor?

I can imagine that if the condensor is behind the radiator it gets enormous
heat transferrance from the radiator when driving fast, thus not cooling
properly. When sdandig still there is not as much air passing through and
the condensor can dissipate it's heat more efficiently.
As I said, it's a long shot, but easy to check, so why not doe so?

Also, are you sure your evaporator doesn't freeze up? If it does so it
cannot provide cooling too, but you'd have to notice a decrease in ariflow
too, as all air coming in HAS to pass the evaporator.

Good Luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000