#2727 update....

First it looks like she'll make it, then it looks like she won't. Then she will, then she won't. Gawd, someting funny's going on with this car, but I think she's just teasing us!

When I wrote the other day to say she was finally running, we neglected an important fact.... the Lambda computer was unplugged. She hunts heavily even when hot, but any adjustment towards lean results in popping and banging like a good-un. Bearing in mind she's meant to run on Super anyway and currently just has premium in her, we can only hope it helps (as soon as she can drive 3 miles she can fill up on Optimax!). I am at work today and Rich is working on her alone. Yesterday she spat in our eyes once again by turning up a knackered brake master cylinder. Rich's local motor factors in Wewyn Garden City had one ready for him today and it works a treat apparently. It's off a Saab 90 and MAY be different from the x-ref previously supplied. Info for you Matt W!

Anyway, with the lambda computer plugged back in, she stalls herself. Wierd. Computer's fine - tested on my car. I think there's something wrong either with the frequency valve or with the fuel distributor's lower chamber resulting in the frequency valve doing something odd to the enrichment system. I have suggested that Rich try un-plugging the frequency valve and using Knut's directions in the DCO newsletter of April 21st 1998, adjust the mixture by reading off the lambda sensor - you might like to try this Dan! (I'd be happy to have a go at the show if you like). Don Steger has given Rich a "rule of thumb" for setting the fuelling without the lambda system working.

If she runs, She'll be there. It's looking hopeful, though ultimately it's down to Rich whether he takes the risk of a 300 miles round trip in a car that's had its engine completely stripped after 4 years standing still. On the other hand, this could be just what she needs. Don't expect a beautiful car though! She's been collecting dust with avengence for the last 9 months! And she'll probably be swallowing fuel faster than Hana!

Cosmetically the rear fascia's back on, as is the engine cover. the covers in the boot need reattaching, and the left rocker panel needs mounting underneath (need a ramp for this). Rich will be able to do this tomorrow morning while we head up in our convoys (he's coing later)

Martin