Re: [doc] 12XXX VIN's and the numbers under the headliners

Re: [doc] 12XXX VIN's and the numbers under the headliners

Interesting that the V# is 11045 - I've seen them where the number is
earlier, but not later. The 7286X number is your key code, though unless you
have a book and key cutter, that's just pretty useless information at this
point. The earlier "two-key" systems had key codes that started with a 3XXX
or 5XXX, and we have some of those keys already pre-cut here.

I would love to know what the rest of the scribbles under the headliners
mean...though now that I think about it, I would venture to say that the
21/12 is the date (December 21), which would put it 'about' the right time
for a door with a VIN of 11045, as they supposedly started the 10XXX (1982)
VIN's in December.

James