Indicator lights & window switch

Wondering if anyone has come across any of these problems...

If I switch on an indicator and press the footbrake the indicator
stops flashing (indicator bulb goes out) release the footbrake and
flashing returns, I can put all the lights on and even select reverse
with no flashing problems, only happens with the footbrake.

Also I freed off my drivers window motor a while back, I also
disassembled my window switches to clean them up like new as they
were corroded, the windows work fine, but I get a strange smoky smell
from the drivers switch when I operate it, I've tried swapping
the
switches over and it still does it (only the drivers side) also I
felt the wiring below the switch to see if it gets warm, but it
doesn't, it all works fine, it's just the smoky smell that
worries
me, the only thing I can think of is it's the motor.

Finally I went over to see my friend who's just purchased the
expensive Scottish Delorean that was for sale, it drives like a new
car, beautiful, I noticed the bodywork is finished with a very matt
look, I've polished mine up, but was wondering what the correct
look
should be, I saw an article on the web on how to clean the Stainless
and suggests a rough scotch-brite pad, my local B&Q stock Scotch-
brite pads and the roughest is for metal finishing, I bought all the
grades they stock!), is this the best pad I can use or does anyone
know of anything better, it also suggests that I use 3M Stainless
cleaner to work in with the pad and a procedure to get the best
results, has anyone tried this and did they have pleasing results?

I've seen the Deloreans on the NEC stands before and wondered
what
they do to polish theirs apart from using original Mr Sheen!

James Vin #569