Here's what I found out about the angle drives from a UK company that Mike suggested. What do you make of it Chris P? Worth going for? Seems like a cheaper option than Darryl T's price from the USA which was about £140 inc. shipping.
Regards,
Phil Peters
#4400 (tucked up in its new home)
Wolverhampton

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:19:35 -0000

From: "Dave Musson - Speedograph Richfield Ltd" <info@xxxx>
To: "Phil Peters" <philpeters@xxxx>
Subject: Re: Angle drive for a DeLorean

all the original smiths stock of delorean angle boxes went to the states
about 3 years ago.
we do a replacement which does the same job but looks very different price
£75 + vat
the alternative is to send us your old one and we will look at the
possibility of repair/recondition which is usually half the above price

dave