Re: [doc] door seals

The firm is East Kent Trim Supplies. I have one of their tins of seal glue in the DeLorean - I'll have a look at lunchtime. Directory enquiries doesn't have their number.

The cost was about £12 per door. They'll know which one it is when you ask for DeLorean door seals.

The seals are almost identical to the originals (I had original seals on my car) - the only tiny difference is an additional "lip" on the outside edge of the clip. This is invisible when fitted to the car. NB remember to get some silicone spray to treat the seals before attempting to shut the door!!!!

Martin

PS Graham - Huge apologies for not having done your lock module yet - I'm waiting for Stephen's out of PSO and I'll do all of them at once.

G Wells wrote:

I seem to remember that, a little while ago, someone mentioned that they
had found a supplier of a suitable reasonably priced replacement door
seal. Whilst locally I have found various nearly right seals I have not
got the real thing. Can whoever it was let me have the details.
Incidentally I have found a manufacturer of a seal that looks to be a
perfect substitute, but they only make it to special order and in large
quantities. If the price was right and there was enough interest then it
may be something worth looking at if there is no alternative supplier. I
think the last price I got from Wingray was £92.21 +VAT per seal! and
they don't last that long.

Graham Wells
Norfolk