From: Mark Bourne [mailto:mark@xxxx]
Sent: 06 January 2002 11:42
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] "The Car's The Star"

Hi Mike

The first in line was my old car DSG 803X which is now the property of the
proud owners Dave & Claire from Stevenage. The second is Chris Parnham's AXI
1698. The third as you know is the Hoopers. This was filmed in September 99
at the Lotus factory test track.

The BBC wanted all the number plates taken off the cars to give the
impression that it was filmed back in 1979/80 and that the cars were brand
new and in their testing stages. However, on the Hoopers car, due to the
number plate being bolted on and not stuck on, time was running out for day
light and it was decided to leave the front number plate on. DGS 803X was
also the car used with me driving into the factory gates and was also the
car that was on the ramp at a Toyota Garage near the factory, as we were not
allowed to use the ramps on the Lotus grounds.

Quentin Wilson got his come-up-ins twice that day for slagging our cars
off. The first was his Bentley Turbo broke down, the second was that whilst
he was following me out of the factory. Due to the front number plate being
constantly taken on & off, the adhesive pads holding the plate lost its
stickiness. The plate flew off over my car & imbedded itself in the front
grill of his Bentley Turbo.

Regards Mark