From: Martin Gutkowski [mailto:webmaster@xxxx]
Sent: 05 January 2002 09:28
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] Delorean electrics

james_hartshorn_uk wrote:

> Hi I recently bought a Delorean after 21 years of waiting
> (interested since 1980 at the tender age of 10!)
>
> I recently heard about a potential fire hazzard with the electric fan
> wiring on the cars and I'm after some info on what, where and how to
> check and cure it, if I need to.

There's no fire hazard as such - everything's fused (although the fuses for
the headlights sometimes melt :-). If your cooling
fans fail (which they CAN), you risk overheating fairly obviously. Look to
the far left of the relay compartment - is there a
blue module in the bottom corner? THis is the fan fail module and prone to
failing. It should be removed and replaced with
jumper wires.