car comes in as "item of historic interest" at 5% vat and no duty.

I hope this helps

Martin

Darren Atkinson wrote:

Hi,

Please could you people offer me some advice? I have been interested in Delorean cars for a while now and saw my first one the other week, it drove past my house in Hessle, Hull. It looked amazing as it drove towards then past me!!!

I have been checking with insurance companies and they will not insure me as I am only 21. A guy I spoke to at some AA company said most places would only insure me on such a car if I was over the age of 30, but I?m sure I have spoken to somebody in this DOC mailing list by email who had one and they were not 30. Does anybody know any companies that would insure me and what price am I likely to be looking at?

Also how much does it cost (roughly) to ship a Delorean over from the USA? Do you guys think that this is the way to go for me to get my own Delorean?

Thanks for any help offered.

Darren Atkinson

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk