THINK - Ideas for a "new" DeLorean?

If the DeLorean were to be re-produced (same styling), then it would be possible to offer a "cheaper" DeLorean without the expensive stainless steel panels. Someone at some time suggested fibreglass panels (painted) as one possibility in order to make variations of the car but based on the same platform.

But now, there are another material that could be of interest - its called Thermoplastic here in Norway.

Its being used in the production of the Norwegian(!) Electricity Car - THINK!
Although the styling is not of a sports car, the car has actually been designed by LOTUS in England!

Go to: www.think.no for more info!

THINK is now owned by Ford Motor Company, and I believe they have started to sell THINKs in California already.

The advantage of thermoplastic is that it is a solid, strong, re-usable and environmental friendly material. Also, it can take a beating. I remember a commercial for THINK where they hit the front fender with a hammer! No damage! Believe it or not!

So - let this be a suggestion to DMC Houston (they do have all the spare parts and are the only ones that have the opportunityto make a new DeLorean if there is a market for it). I think that as time goesby, more people would want a "new" model 2001 based on the 1981 DeLorean. DMC Houston has the mold for the glassfibre underbody, and  panels made out of thermoplastic would be cheap to produce. Hey, maybe you could use the glassfibre underbody mold to make an underbody of another composite material ( Kevlar/carbonfibre comes to mind). This would all make the car very light-weight, which in turn would make the car faster, even with the standard PRV-V6.

My suggestion are open and free for anyone to use :-)
Opinions please! E-mail me privately :-)

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759