Interesting item on eBay UK web site item#598674547: Other Makes A-M : D

Interesting item on eBay UK web site item#598674547: Other Makes A-M : DeLorean

I saw this item for sale at eBayMotors, the world's largest personal trading community, and thought that you might be interested.

Chris P

Title of item:	Other Makes A-M : DeLorean
Seller:	dmcking
Starts:	01-Dec-01 06:51:58 GMT
Ends:	08-Dec-01 06:51:58 GMT
Price:	Currently US $7,000.00
To bid on the item, go to:	http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=598674547

Item Description:

1981 DeLorean!!! Must Sell!!! Low Reserve!!

Vehicle Description

You are bidding on a 1981 DeLorean. I have owned it for 4 years and am selling due to an unexpected move in Jan. I have done most of the work myself and have most of the records from my ownership. The car has the original motor and transmition with 42K miles. I have the original keys plus duplicates. The original craig radio still works w/new rear speakers. AC is operational. New tires front and back with maybe 300 miles on them. Seats are faded near the windows and driver side has 1" tear. Seats and dash have covers (dash with DMC logo on glove box). The hood on this car is quite rare with the accent lines and gas flap. Also has windsheild antanae. I couldn't find the racing stripes so made a set myself. I think it looks pretty good. Stensils included. The front end was lowered in the past. I have original springs if you wish to reraise the front. This car definatly gets a lot of attention wherever you go!

Vehicle Condition

The car runs pretty well (passed smog check this morning.) I have replaced the fuel system, water pump, thermostat, alternator, master cylinder, govenor computer, and done the fan fail fix. It will need reallignment of the driver window and a gear for passenger win motor. Also needs a fuel pressure regulator (sometimes hard to start when engine warm). The transmition cooler line leaks when the car sits for a few days but is an easy fix. There are a few minor dents that can only be seen in the right light and are barely noticable. I have replaced the hood and door struts but the engine struts need changing. It will also need a front end allignment (steering wheel shakes a little on freeway.) I was hoping to take care of most of these problems before selling but cannot work on the car anymore due to a bad back.

Terms of Sale

I will include the spare parts some new some used. Also included is a car cover, snow chains (never used) and workshop manual. This is a great deal as DeLoreans have been increasing in value over the years. I wish I could keep mine but things don't always work out the way we want. Payment must be received in full no later than 7 business days after close of auction. I accept cashier's checks and money orders only! Buyer will arrange and pay for shipping. If necessary, I will store the car till Jan 12th 02. (Sat) I hope I answered your questions, but feel free to email me if you have any other questions. Serious bidders only! Thanks and good luck.

On Nov-30-01 at 22:54:54 PST, seller added the following information:
The reserve price is lower than the buy it now price. Sorry I forgot to mention.

Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community at http://www.ebay.co.uk