New RHD

Yes,

as Chris has suspected ,I have been looking at another RHD..the former AX1
1699 ..now on British reg plates, I have been tying to track it down for the
last four years!

I finally succeeded yesterday...what a disappointment!!!!

The owner have to cut away 5 foot weeds from in front of the garage door to
get it open just a few inches, when inside it was like walking on
eggshells...literally...but the weren't eggshell, they were snailshells
hundreds of them.. all over the walls and doors..the dead ones ended up on
the floor!

The place was so damp it is difficult to describe. Once the cover was
removed the s/steel looked ok..very dirty and damp, but basically OK..all 4
tyres were flat, making it difficult to see under the car. What I could see
was horrific..all brakes, springs, discs, suspension etc. were one ( or
should I say 4) solid rusted lumps!

The interior is in tact, complete, but very damp..even the knobs on the
radio had mould growing on them!

I have always wanted this car because it is "Delores" sister..but I had not
expected this!

Apparently the young chap had bought it with his dads help in 1992..but when
he tried to insure it the cast was "mega"..so it has sat in the damp garage
ever since.

I have made him a very generous offer which he is thinking about. If I do
end up buying this one, I may well end up regretting it!

More later....

I have taken loads of photo's..to be published when the dust has settled.
( or not as in this case..no chance of any dust in there!)

Chris P DOC uk vins 5638/12176