Re: [doc] New Member - car pics uploaded

Chris Parnham wrote:

> I'd forget the Don Lander thing, I have solid info that contradicts
> that, but on the other hand, AXI 1697, as it was (and should really be)
> known,  was one of 3 RHD's converted in Northern Ireland by the factory
> senior management. More details will be in mine and Andy's book,
> ...eventually!

The setup on the brake servos is almost identical to Wooler Hodec #12171
suggesting the factory guys were copying one of the prototypes.
Certainly the pedal box exhibits the inherant flaw in all the
right-handers I've seen - swapping the brake and clutch master cylinder
is perfectly possible - it just needs a bit of lateral thinking. The
twin servo setup is there only because they seemed to want to retain the
twin-output master cylinder. Had they changed it for a single-output and
remote servo it'd have been a lot simpler. Simpler still is retaining
the stock setup altogether and just swap the brake and clutch m/c's. The
right hand side is an exact mirror of the left so excepting the spare
wheel well, there is precisely the same amount of room.

Anyway, must go. Hard day's work tomorrow!

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk