[doc] Re: Gear selection failure

Martin

All that seems to make sense.

Is there a simple (ie my numpty level) test to determine which
cylinder has failed so that I can order the right one?

Any way of doing something very temporary. I am royally stuck getting
the car even out of the garage, uphill without reverse. Not sure I
could 'recover' it from this position :-(

Leaking seems like a bad thing. Any tips for how to drain it if it
starts to leak? There may be something in the manual but I can't see
it at the moment and I am looking for 'Idiots Guide to...'
suggestions.

Many thanks for your time thus far

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
Check for a wet patch around the clutch master cylinder where it goes
through the floor of the pedal box. You've only pumped the clutch a
few times - this is enough for it to have failed but not leaked all
the fluid out yet. I'm betting it's eithe rthe clutch master or
slave clylinder. It's not going to be the linkage if all gears are
tough - the only other possibility is the clutch fork having failed,
but this is rare, and a bit of a coincidence if the last time you
drive it it was  fine, now after sitting for some time the gears are
tough - typical behaviour for a failure in the hydraulics.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk